The Comprehensive Accident & Emergency Department led by specialists in emergency medicine, seeks to provide patients with the best care as promptly as possible for any sort of emergencies. An emergency is a situation where someone is experiencing a loss of consciousness, heavy bleeding, suspected broken bones, chest pain, breathing difficulties, has swallowed something harmful, poisoning such as snake bites or has a deep injury. The department manages everything from minor injuries, life threatening medical emergencies such as strokes and heart attacks, severe life or limb threatening injuries such as those from road accidents to other less severe medical conditions such as abdominal pain.
- First of its kind Accident and Emergency unit in Kerala
- Ultramodern Emergency Intensive Care Unit
- State-of-the art Chest Pain Unit
- Hyper acute Stroke Unit
- Top of the line Ambulance services
- Round the clock availability of physician anaesthetists for acute pain management (welcome block) in the emergency room itself to give patients immediate pain relief.
- Ready access to other specialty and super specialty departments
- Emergency Dialysis
- Round the clock Pharmacies, laboratories and radiology services.
Facilities available in A&E
- Accident/Trauma such as road accidents, home or work site accidents
- Cardiac emergencies such as persistent and severe chest pain, heart attack
- Neuro emergencies like stroke, seizures
- Gastrointestinal emergencies such as blood in the stool, vomiting blood, uncontrolled vomiting, acute diarrhoea, severe abdominal pain, unexplained fever (may be caused by infection of the digestive tract)
- Poisoning emergencies such as snake bites, toxin ingestion
- Respiratory Emergencies such as difficulty in breathing, chronic Asthma, foreign body obstruction
- Paediatric emergencies/Burns
- Neonatal emergencies
- Cardiac Monitor
- 24-hour Trauma Ambulance Service
- Most advanced radiological equipment
- Triage area
- Resuscitation area
- Procedure room
- Day care unit
- Chest Pain Unit
- Stroke unit
- Advanced Ventilators
When speed and care matters, think about our Accident and Emergency department, our help is just a heartbeat away!